Tuesday, December 29, 2015

I-676 Overnight Closures Scheduled in Philadelphia for Overhead Bridge Construction

I-676 Overnight Closures Scheduled in Philadelphia for Overhead Bridge
Construction

12/29/2015-KING OF PRUSSIA

Interstate 676 will be closed in both directions between the Interstate 76
and
Broad Street (Route 611) interchanges in Philadelphia, on Monday, January
4,
through Thursday, January 7, from 11:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following
morning,
for overhead bridge construction, the Pennsylvania Department of
Transportation
said today.

The overnight operation is associated with the four-year, $64.8 million
project
to replace seven structurally deficient bridges over I-676 between 22nd
Street
and 18th Street, and to make landscaping and streetscape improvements above
the
expressway. Construction began last April and will finish in fall 2019.

Crews are working over I-676 to remove the 19th Street bridge, part of the
Benjamin Franklin/20th Street bridge, and the Free Library pedestrian
bridge,
and to build a new pedestrian bridge over the expressway at the former
Family
Court building. The contractor's work schedule is weather dependent.

When I-676 east is closed, the following detours will be in place:

•From I-76 east: Exit at 30th Street/Market Street (Exit 345); right at
Arch
Street; left at 30th Street; left at Market Street; left at 16th Street;
right
at Vine Street to the ramp to I-676 east;

•From I-76 west: Exit at 30th Street (Exit 345); take Schuylkill Avenue to
Market Street; right at Market Street; left at 16th Street; right at Vine
Street to the ramp to I-676 east; and

•Traveling east on Benjamin Franklin Parkway intending to use the 24th
Street
on-ramp: Follow Benjamin Franklin Parkway around Logan Circle and bear
right
onto Vine Street east; follow Vine Street to the ramp to I-676 east.

When I-676 west is closed, the following detours will be in place for
passenger
cars and trucks to follow:

•To I-76 East and West: Exit I-676 west at Broad Street (Route 611)
Interchange; take 15th Street south; right on J.F.K. Boulevard; right on
Schuylkill Avenue and follow signs to I-76 east and I-76 west;

•From 16th Street north of J.F.K. Boulevard: Follow 16th Street north;
right at
Spring Garden Street; right at 15th Street; right at J.F.K. Boulevard;
right on
Schuylkill Avenue to ramps to I-76 east and I-76 west; and

•From 16th Street south of J.F.K. Boulevard: Follow 16th Street north; left
at
J.F.K. Boulevard; right on Schuylkill Avenue to ramps to I-76 east and I-76

west.

Optional detours for passenger cars during the closure of I-676 west
include:

•To I-76 West: Exit I-676 west at Broad Street (Route 611) Interchange;
take
15th Street south; right onto local Vine Street; right on Benjamin Franklin

Parkway and follow around Eakins Oval and onto Spring Garden Street to the
ramp
to I-76 west; and

•From 16th Street north of J.F.K Boulevard to I-76 West: Follow 16th Street

north; left onto local Vine Street; right on Benjamin Franklin Parkway and
follow around Eakins Oval and onto Spring Garden Street to the ramp to I-76

west.

The bridges above I-676 at the former Family Court building, Free Library,
19th
Street, and Benjamin Franklin Parkway/20th Street are the first four of
seven
structures to be rebuilt under this project. PennDOT's contractor will
replace
the spans carrying 22nd Street, 21st Street, and 18th Street during the
next
major stage of construction.

PennDOT's contractor is replacing the seven bridges over I-676 in two major

stages to minimize traffic impacts.

Buckley & Company, Inc. of Philadelphia is the general contractor on the
$64,836,180 project. Construction is financed with 100 percent federal
funds.

For more information on the I-676 project, visit www.bridgesover676.com.

Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles by
visiting
www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides
traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and
access
to more than 770 traffic cameras.

511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and
Android
devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional Twitter alerts
accessible
on the 511PA website.

For more PennDOT information, visit www.penndot.gov. Follow local PennDOT
information on Twitter at www.twitter.com/511PAPhilly.

To view a complete list of District 6 News Releases: Click
http://www.penndot.gov/RegionalOffices/district-6/Pages/allnews.aspx

To unsubscribe click
http://www.dot.state.pa.us/PennDOT/Districts/d6media.nsf/unsubscribeform?OpenForm

No comments:

Post a Comment