Thursday, September 20, 2018

PennDOT - District 6 News: I-676 to Close at Night Next Week for Resurfacing in Philadelphia

An update has been published to District 6 News on the PennDOT website. Please see below for details.

PennDOT - District 6 News

I-676 to Close at Night Next Week for Resurfacing in Philadelphia

King of Prussia, PA – Interstate 676 will be closed in both directions between the Broad Street and Interstate 76 interchanges in Philadelphia on Monday, September 24, through Friday, September 28, from 11:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following morning for milling and paving operations, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today.  

Prior to each night's full closure, from 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM, eastbound and westbound I-676 will be reduced to two lanes between I-76 and Broad Street.

When I-676 east is closed, the following detours will be in place:
  • From I-76 east: Exit at 30th Street/Market Street (Exit 345); right at Arch Street; left at 30th Street; left at Market Street; left at 16th Street; right at Vine Street to the ramp to I-676 east;
  • From I-76 west: Exit at 30th Street (Exit 345); take Schuylkill Avenue to Market Street; right at Market Street; left at 16th Street; right at Vine Street to the ramp to I-676 east; and
  • Traveling east on Benjamin Franklin Parkway intending to use the 24th Street on-ramp: Follow Benjamin Franklin Parkway around Logan Circle and bear right onto Vine Street east; follow Vine Street to the ramp to I-676 east. 
When I-676 west is closed, the following detours will be in place for passenger cars and trucks to follow:
  • To I-76 East and West: Exit I-676 west at Broad Street (Route 611) Interchange; take 15th Street south; right on J.F.K. Boulevard; right on Schuylkill Avenue and follow signs to I-76 east and I-76 west;
  • From 16th Street north of J.F.K. Boulevard: Follow 16th Street north; right at Spring Garden Street; right at 15th Street; right at J.F.K. Boulevard; right on Schuylkill Avenue to ramps to I-76 east and I-76 west; and
  • From 16th Street south of J.F.K. Boulevard: Follow 16th Street north; left at J.F.K. Boulevard; right on Schuylkill Avenue to ramps to I-76 east and I-76 west. 
Optional detours for passenger cars during the closure of I-676 west include:
  • To I-76 West: Exit I-676 west at Broad Street (Route 611) Interchange; take 15th Street south; right onto local Vine Street; right on Benjamin Franklin Parkway and follow around Eakins Oval and onto Spring Garden Street to the ramp to I-76 west; and
  • From 16th Street north of J.F.K Boulevard to I-76 West: Follow 16th Street north; left onto local Vine Street; right on Benjamin Franklin Parkway and follow around Eakins Oval and onto Spring Garden Street to the ramp to I-76 west.
The overnight milling and paving are among the final stages of the four-year, $64.8 million project to replace seven structurally deficient bridges over I-676 between 22nd Street and 18th Street, and to make landscaping and streetscape improvements above the expressway. Construction began in April 2015 and will finish in November 2018, a year ahead of schedule.   

Buckley & Company, Inc. of Philadelphia is the general contractor on the project, which is financed with 100 percent federal funds. 

For more information on the I-676 project, visit www.bridgesover676.com.  

Subscribe to PennDOT news and traffic alerts in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties at www.penndot.gov/District6.

Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 860 traffic cameras.

511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional Twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.

Follow PennDOT on Twitter at www.twitter.com/PennDOTNews and like the department on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PennsylvaniaDepartmentofTransportation and Instagram at www.instagram.com/pennsylvaniadot. 

MEDIA CONTACT: Brad Rudolph, 610-205-6800


# # #


Read More
Please note: you are receiving this email because you have subscribed to receive updates for District 6 News on the PennDOT website. To unsubscribe, or to find additional subscriptions available from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, please click the Manage Subscriptions link below.

Manage Subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment